Mostly about my travels.

Monday, August 30, 2004

well, back to work

Well, I have to say this year's Games had the most comeback medallists I remember. And the weirdest spectators ever (see men's marathon, men's synchro diving). Personally I really only like watching the middle distance running as well as hurdles, because it's a bit of tactics as well as strength, and you never really know who's going to have a devastating final kick. I also really liked listening to the boxing commentators, they were entertaining ("the wrath of Khan!!"). Kudos to Lima of Brazil for his exuberant swoops down the home stretch. :)

now that the Olympics are over, there's nothing on TV anymore (except for World Cup Hockey). I guess I should start working... *sigh*. Have a small image registration program to reverse-engineer. Yay Matlab... Not too difficult, just have to get motivated to read the damn thing...

I'm seriously getting cabin fever, need to get out. But it's so tiring to walk on crutches too. Although the university has scooters I can borrow for the day (mall mama!!). hehe, just need the big straw hat and airplane sunglasses...

Added a new link. Wok-boarding by Chiseen, future demonstration sport in Beijing? :P

cheers, Ange


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home